Application process will be start March 1, 2017 and end on July 1, 2017. Get your team and information ready for challenge.
If you would like to take the challenge and be part of the Tech Transfer Startup Challenge 2017, the first step is to apply. The easiest way to do this is using the online forms below. Please be careful to select the correct category so that your application can be processed as quickly as possible.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for brilliant people and teams of any and all backgrounds who find inspiration in the potential to develop a commercialized product from one of the available NASA patents and develop a feasible Business Plan to take that product to market.
Teams must to fill an application form, important information will be requested such as:
- Team Name.
- Team Members’ Names.
- Patent Number for Development
- Proposed Commercialization Schematic.
- Executive Summary Proposal including Proposed Development Budget.
WHAT WE EXPECT THE TEAMS TO ACCOMPLISH?
NextPhase Foundation’s primary goal is to provide our Challengers every reasonable opportunity to build a successful prototype and a business through which to successfully market it – we’ve worked hard to preconceive every possible stumbling block to your success, and provide proactive solutions to help you through every most-challenging step – from the level of funding we provide to the Mentors, Advisors and your single greatest Advocate, our Team Liaison Abhishek Chakrala, we want you to succeed.
As a result of our fail-safes and the innate talent and skill you’ll bring to the table, expectations of our Finalist Teams are very high. But we promise: your ardor will be worth it in the end.
In order to progress to Phase III and receive their second tranch of funding up to $10,000, Finalist Teams will be expected to show at Phase II Assessment & Open Collaboration:
- Physical progress toward development of a prototype evolved from the submitted Commercialization Schematic.
- Progression on Business and Marketing Plan including ledger and itemized balance sheet of expenses accrued in prototype development with receipts (scan files acceptable).
WHAT ARE THE TEAMS OBLIGATIONS WITH THE PROGRAM?
- We expect you to work hard.
- We expect you to be ethical and accountable for your funds and your progress.
- We expect you to reach out to the extensive, highly knowledgeable and experienced team we’ve built to help you succeed when problems arise.
- We expect you to be as inspired by what you can be as we are.
It’s important that you know that you have an army of highly-seasoned professionals, educators and advocates behind you, believing in you, pushing you, offering you valuable insight and advice, and expecting from you the very best you have to give.